All backgrounds have been fully lined.
Oh yes, finally after I don't know how many weeks. Well I gave her at least 2 months to do it but she said she did it in three days. Heck.
Also, a rather careless incident last week:
I was going ahead with my planned reformat of my laptop. I assumed that the build I backed-up was 0.03XXD. The build around this time was already 0.0423E... (Which was supposedly 0.06XXG if I did back it-up)
So bam. 2 days of Elisa's script are gone. Half a day's worth of Stef and Francesca's scripts are gone too. Also affected are the new screens I coded.
In the aftermath of this, I have coded those screens back... now using simpler, and better algorithms. Elisa's scripts have also benefitted from this incident. It's structure isn't flawed with if-else's like it used to.
I have changed the way the player navigates in-game. Instead of using the old map navigation, the player will now use this to navigate. Heck I know it isn't as charming as a map but then this should work for now.
Was trying to change the layout a bit but then.. I think I'll stick with left-aligned one.
As for the color scheme, it's going to change depending on the most common colors present in the backgrounds. Alternatively, I might implement a system which allows the user to change the color scheme of the UI.
Edit: Here's the freshest version of the navigation/preferences screen. Hell I'm building whole screens based on one template. Praise me based god. :v
Edit 2: Here's the save/load screen. Coughs will add more pages when assets become available.
Also, I'm planning to release a short pre-alpha by September. The reason behind this is because I'm not certain on whether or not the stat-raising part of the game is balanced. This pre-alpha release will contain the first week of Elisa's scenario. Heck a lot of assets are going to be missing.
Thanks for reading.